Wednesday, May 25, 2011

End of Year Teacher Gifts

Pinky has been blessed with two wonderful, amazing teachers this year. I give them so much credit for keeping the school year fun and getting Pinky excited about school.

When I started searching for ideas for end of year gifts for her teachers, I stumbled upon this project at A Turtle's Life for Me - it's a "What will teacher do this summer" gift card scrapbook. I knew it was just what I wanted to do!

I made a few changes but am THRILLED with the finished product.


I couldn't find chipboard albums at my local scrapbook store, but they did cut chipboard to the size/shape that I wanted. Had I thought ahead I would have had them cut the paper too - that would have made this project even easier!


I covered each of the pages with bright and fun summer themed papers. When the pages were done, I drilled a hole through the corner and tied the book together with a coordinated ribbon.

Here's a more detailed look at one of the books (the two books are almost identical):


The covers of both books - "What will (teacher) do this summer?". I cut the roller coaster and the sun from another summer paper.


The first page - "Eat ice cream" with a $5 gift card to Dairy Queen. I had Pinky do the illustrations for each page.


Page 2 - "Read a good book" with a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card.


Page 3 - "See a movie" and a gift card for a single admission to the movie theatre. I cut the movie tickets on the left page from a carnival themed paper.


Page 4 - "Plant some flowers" and a $10 nursery gift card. Pinky didn't want to draw a garden. She drew her teacher shopping in the flower store instead.


I used the back cover to write a short thank you note to each teacher.

These were a HUGE hit. Her teachers cried and hugged us. When I picked Pinky up from school, other teachers (and the assistant director of the school) came up to tell me how much they liked the scrapbooks! I guess I'll have to make these again next year for Pinky's Kindergarten teacher. :)

Linking to:
Making


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I love, love, love your version!! They look fabulous and I just adore the little note at the end! I'm so glad they were such a huge hit and thank you SO much for letting me know you did this! Do you mind if I share it on my blog?? (with a link back to you, of course!)

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

What a great idea! I love that she illustrated the pages.

Unknown said...

Wanted to let you know I just put a post up linking back to you! Thanks again!

nanann said...

I really do love these -- but man oh man, you are more generous than I! I *just* got a gift card to the movies...

talha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Thank you for such a fabulous idea. I did this for my daughter's preschool teacher (with a modification) and she LOVED it. Thank you!
P.S. Let me know if you'd like to see my finished product and I'll be happy to share it with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...