Friday, December 2, 2011

BANG! Sight Word and Alphabet Game

I'm always on the look out for fun ways for Pinky to practice her sight words. When I discovered Bang! on Come Together Kids, I knew it was something we would love to play.



The game is simple. You take turns drawing cards out of a container. If you can read the sight word you keep the card. If not, the card goes back in. Whoever collects the most cards wins the game. Beware of the BANG cards though. If you draw one, you have to put back all of the cards you have collected.

The great thing about this game is that it is very adaptable. For Pinky, I made sight word cards, for Chaos I chose letter and number recognition. You could also do shapes, colors, math facts...and so much more.

Here's a closer look at how I made our game.

First, I printed out sight words, letters, numbers and BANG cards on different colored card stock. After trimming them to size, I laminated them for durability.



The container itself is just a shoebox decoupaged with scrapbook paper (I used Cheerful School Additions from Creative Memories).


I cut the word BANG on my Cricut and added them to the front of the box.


And that's it! We now have a fun new game that the kids LOVE to play and they're learning at the same time.

Linking up to some of these great parties

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

like this post... and found it plagurized here:
http://eisforexplore.blogspot.com/2012/01/bang-sight-word-game.html

Kelly said...

What an awesome idea! Thank you! I just pinned it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...