Monday, March 19, 2012

Homemade Journals

Recently we took the whole family to Disney World (seriously SO much fun!!). Before we left I put together a few things for the kids to enjoy on the drive to Florida. I decided to put my favorite Christmas gift, a Bind-It-Allto use for the first time to make some Disney(ish) themed journals for the three oldest kids.

The covers are made with chipboard and the inside is 50 blank white pages (except Wild One's which mixed in some colored cardstock and sticker pages).

The first journal I made was for Wild One - just a trial run of using my Bind it All for the first time. I made it using some really old Disney themed paper and stickers that I bought on my honeymoon!

Pinky is currently obsessed with Star Wars and really wanted me to use the paper she had found at our local scrapbook store (she loves to shop there with me).

This is the front cover.


The paper had a shine to it that doesn't show up well in pictures.


Pinky loved that Yoda was inside the book. Many, many, many drawings of Star Wars characters were drawn in this book during our trip.

Chaos is in love with Cars so I knew I had to buy this paper when I found it. It made such a cute cover for his journal though it was tricky to get it lined up *just* right so the cars he loved the most were showing.


My favorite part is the back inside cover "1st to the finish!"


With the leftover cover paper I made some homemade stickers using my Xyron sticker machine.


After I the fun I had making these for my kids, I made a couple for some friends. They planned to use them as their autograph books at Disney World. Here are some pictures:

A classic Mickey themed book:

I printed the banner using a free Walt Disney World font (the mouse ears are an included character).


I loved that the inside was autographs from the classic characters - perfect for an autograph book!


And the back cover. Mickey looks so happy, which is exactly how I felt at Disney.

An autograph book for a princess loving little girl:

The awesome glitter castle came from All About Glitter on etsy. Great service and really cute die cuts!


The inside paper is embossed with flowers.


And Pascal playing hide and seek on the back cover.

I also made a few mini versions of these journals (these measure 6x6 and the minis were 4x4) and packaged them with stickers and crayons as a gift, but I forgot to snap a picture before I sent them.

I had so much fun making these and can't wait to make some more! Off to find more things to bind!

Linking up to some of these great parties!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Stopping by from Wow Me Wednesday! http://queenofsavings.com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

these are too cute. I'm a bit obsessed with journals, even if I don't really use them anymore. I need too though!!

-lauren

Anonymous said...

Do you sale these? This is exactly like what i am looking for for our upcoming disney trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...