Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Year of Crafting

Since I'm already on the topic of handmade items, I thought I'd share my one and only New Years Resolution. I've decided to make 2009 the year of the craft. I'm notorious for starting and never finishing a craft - or, even worse, bookmarking a really cool project and meaning to get back to it, only for it to get lost in my saved files forever. I've vowed that this year will be different and have adopted a top 25 list of crafts to be completed this year (and, of course, documented on my blog). Here's my very ambitious list:

Crafts to Finish:
1. Pinky's baby quilt (yes, I bought this fabric when I was pregnant with Pinky - yikes!!)
2. Sun dress for Pinky (and the matching doll dress) that I started last summer
3. Baby doll quilt. I have the quilt top (made from baby washcloths) finished. I just need to add the backing fabric and quilt it.
4. Jewelry holder made from an old screen. Hard to describe, but I have the screen and have wanted to make it for Pinky's dress up jewelry for a long time.

Crafts to Try:
5. Christmas stockings for the whole family (and I'll never have to worry about matching stockings again)
6. Cloth baby shoes (think Robeez style)
7. Burp cloths. No real need for these, they just look cute. Maybe they'll come in handy for baby #3
8. Premade scrapbook pages.
9. Baby stacking rings
10.Taggie blanket
11. Baby blocks
12. Handprint canvases
13. Framed fabric art for bathroom

Gifts to Make:
14. Eye Spy bag
15. Felt food. This will be cute for pretend kitchen play.
16. Crayon roll up. This will be a great diaper bag item.
17. Superhero cape for dress up and...
18. Superhero mask
19. Tutu
20. Fishing game
21. Cloth house (in a garage version with cars for Chaos and maybe a barn with animals too. Depending on Pinky's interest I may also make a doll house for her)
22. Soap balls with prizes inside
23. Scrabble tile necklace
24. Kid's artwork collage

And last, but certainly not least:
25. Pottery Barn knock off craft desk

I have links and templates for nearly all of these, and I will come back and add them later. I just wanted to make sure I got my list out there for people to see. I figure if I make it known that I plan to be productive, then I will be more likely to follow through. Can't wait to see how far I've gotten by December 31st.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...