Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Homemade Christmas

Now that all of our Christmas gifts have been given (and yes I do realize it is February), I can finally talk about the homemade gifts I gave for Christmas this year. This year's list includes:

  • A scrapbook/brag book for each Mom (I used Creative Memories picfolio minutes album)
  • Photo calendars for each Dad from Shutterfly (loooove the way they turned out)
  • An ABC scrapbook for Pinky
  • Handprint snowmen ornaments for both sets of grandparents

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the brag books before I sent them on their way, but I do have pictures of the rest. Now that Pinky has her own scrapbook, maybe she'll stop stealing mine!

Here are some pictures of my favorite pages from Pinky's ABC book. The album and pages are from Creative Memories.

Outside of the book - pink since I couldn't find purple.

\
Excuse the flash. I was too lazy to scan the pages, so I just took a picture with the page protectors still on.


One of my favorite pictures of Pinky.

Pictures of the handprint ornaments. These were deceptively easy to do (and cheap - the 6 I made cost less than $10 total). The acrylic paint is very forgiving (trust me, I am NOT a painter). The painting and handprints aren't perfect, but they still look very cute! I got the idea from here.

Chaos' handprint ornament


Pinky's handprint snowmen

Close up of the snowmen


And the thumb snowman


The tag reads "These aren't just 5 little snowmen, as anyone can see, I made them with my hand, which is a part of me. Now each year when you trim the tree you can look back and recall Christmas 2008, when my hand was just this small."

I'm hoping that next year I will be able to make even more gifts - especially for the kids.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...