Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quilt Progress!

I've made a lot of progess on Chaos' Alien quilt.

First, I layed out all of the blocks. I wanted a random pattern, but I also didn't want the same color or pattern right next to each other. I had Pinky help me so I wouldn't get to methodical. Here's the layout (ignore the blue blanket under the squares - I was trying to gauge the size of the quilt).


Last night, I sewed all of the squares into rows. (Again ignore the blanket and the white pieces of paper - they were my row markers).


I really like how it is turning out! Tonight I hope to press seams and finish the quilt top. Then this weekend I need to get some binding and backing fabric and some batting. I really hope to have this done by his birthday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...