Friday, March 6, 2009

Quilt Update

So there is quilt progress. It's slow, but there's progress. Nine days until his birthday. That's plenty of time to finish, right? RIGHT?!?!

Today I worked on the quilt back. I was going to use one solid fabric piece, but then I was reading a great quilting blog (Crazy Mom Quilts) and decided to do a pieced back - just one strip to break up the solid look of the back.

I really don't know why I keep making the quilt MORE difficult, but I have to admit, I do like the look of the back even more now. This isn't the best picture (and I haven't trimmed the back or pressed seams), but you can get an idea of what it will look like. I love, love, love the bright orange fabric.


I've got a lot going on this weekend, but I am still hoping that I can get it quilted before Monday. Then I can spend next week working on the binding.

I have my monthly scrapbooking crop night tonight, so I'm also hoping to make some progress on my albums. They are surprisingly up to date (I'm up to December in both kids' books - woo hoo!!). I will try to share some pictures of the pages I finish when I have time.

Okay, need to get back to my crafty endeavors. Hope to have another update soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...