Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas in July

That's right, it's July and I'm ready to talk seriously about Christmas. I have quite a few handmade projects I'd like to tackle this year and with the new baby coming around the holidays, I need to get started!

A few of my projects that are planned I can't mention because the recipients read this blog, however there are still some that I can share.

Each of the kids will get a handmade gift this year. Pinky's will be her rainbow quilt and the new baby will get a sock monkey quilt (and maybe a minky blanket if I have time). I'm not sure what to make Chaos yet, though I'm leaning towards a superhero cape. I also plan to make a fleece tie blanket for my grandma. She loved the kids' blankets so much last time we visited (and she's always cold) that it was a no brainer.

What I'm most excited about making this year though are our new Christmas stockings! I'm ashamed to admit that we didn't even hang stockings last year because we couldn't find one for Chaos that matched the stockings we already had. So pathetic! By making the stockings myself I hope to never have that problem again. I've chosen a fun fabric - Moda's Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey - and am sort of winging the pattern. Stockings seem pretty simple to make so here's hoping they turn out okay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...