Friday, July 31, 2009

Rainbow Ladybugs

As I promised Pinky, we made ladybugs today. My advice to all of you out there - before promising a craft, make sure you have all the supplies! We didn't have any black paint - certainly a necessity for proper ladybugs. I improvised and tried to mix up some black as best I could. It was mostly a brownish-purplish mess, but it worked. Pinky was very intrigued about mixing colors and decided we should make "rainbow" ladybugs. Well, rainbow, at the hands of a 3 year old, turns out pretty muddy looking.

No worries though. Pinky had a great time making the ladybugs, and they're actually kind of cute, too. She told me tomorrow she wants to make grasshoppers, caterpillars, bees, butterflies, flowers, the sun, the moon, stars...well, let's just say we're gonna be busy for awhile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...