Thursday, December 24, 2009

Finished Christmas Present!

Well, nearly finished anyway. It came down to the wire, and I wasn't able to to top stitch or add the velcro (I wanted to measure it first anyway). I'm fairly certain the kids didn't notice though. They turned out pretty well.


The tutorial comes from this great site (as did the applique patterns). These were actually very simple to make. The hardest part (for me) was the stitching around the applique. It's not something I've done before and took a lot of practice. It's not perfect, but I'm glad I tried it.

I think these will be a hit and certainly better than the capes they were using (those are pillowcases):


As for the other Christmas projects I had intended to make...well, let's just say I'm working on some great birthday and Valentine's gifts already. If all else fails, there's always next Christmas right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...