Sunday, December 27, 2009

Room ReDo Update

I haven't posted much lately on our room redo. I had (very) high hopes of having the entire project completed before Wild One made her appearance. No such luck. We still have a lot of work to do.

I thought I'd share a few pictures of what we have done and what we have planned.

The Basement Playroom
The basement has been dry walled, carpeted and painted. We have started moving some furniture in, but we have more to buy, and the doors and trim have yet to be installed.

My favorite parts of the basement:

The dress up area (inspiration here). The kids play dress up so much more now that they can see all the clothes. Before they were all crammed into that red trunk. Now the tote holds all the accessories - crowns, pom poms, jewelry, purses, scarves, etc.


My craft area!!! There are no words for how excited I am about this. We bought this storage unit with the attached desk from Ikea (expedit). I'm working on getting all of my craft supplies (neatly) put away, hence the stock photo. :)

Chaos' Big Boy Room
We're still in the process of painting and installing closet fixtures. I also hope to change out the lighting.

We bought this bed from Ikea (the ladder will be removed until he is much older).

The bedding is from Land of Nod.


My favorite part of his room are the magnet boards we will hang on the wall opposite his bed. He has some awesome magnetic blocks that will be a lot of fun to play with here. I'm also hoping to recreate this artwork using these wall cards by eeBoo.


Wild One's Nursery
We haven't even started it yet. Sigh. We need to get Chaos moved into his new room before we can begin. Baby steps...baby steps...

I hope to at least start the shadow boxes for her room before the year is done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...