Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crafts from the Hardware Store, Part 2

On one of many trips to the hardware store with Mr. Handy, I happened by a display of washers (no, not the kind that clean clothes) and decided that I really wanted to try my hand at a washer necklace.

After waffling between sizes for awhile, I asked my very patient husband which size would make the perfect necklace (while holding them up to myself for reference). He told me it was the most bizarre question he's ever gotten in a hardware store.

We settled on the 1/2 inch size. Four washers for $1.39 - another cheap craft!

I tried a few different things with these washers. First, I found a great paper with road signs (in my stash) and thought it would be the perfect manly necklace for Chaos. I used this tutorial to make the necklace.


Chaos is in love. So in love that this is the best picture I could get of the necklace. He wouldn't let me any closer and refused to take it off.

Next, I tried wrapping ribbon around the washer. I secured the start with a dab of glue and stitched the end of the ribbon to the back. I used only supplies from my stash and, I was able to make this cute number (Pinky loves it!):


I still have 2 washers left. I'd like to order this tool set from Harbor Freight to try stamping. The price is certainly right. I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...