Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Gift for Daddy

Now that the gifts have been given, I can post about a few of the handmade things I gifted this Christmas.

My wonderful husband, who loves to cook, asked for an apron for Christmas. Since I am physically incapable of giving something as plain and boring as a white apron, I decided it would be the perfect gift for the kids to give to their daddy.

I started with a plain white apron from Target ($5.99). Using acrylic paint (I let the kids choose the colors) I painted their hands for prints at the bottom of the apron. Wild One's prints turned out a bit wonky. Apparently finger painting is NOT one of her favorite activities.

Next I custom ordered an iron on transfer that read "World's Best Cook Hands Down" from etsy. Heather, from All You Need Designs, was AWESOME to work with and does great work!!

Here's the finished product, ready to be wrapped for Daddy (I wrote their names under their hand prints with fabric marker, but photoshopped them out in this picture):


Linking to:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kalleen at Second Street said...

I love that saying with the hand prints. Great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...