Friday, September 9, 2011

What we did this summer...

The morning air is getting cooler, Pinky and Chaos have started school, and the leaves are even starting to change colors.  I guess it's time to admit that summer vacation is really over. 

I love fall - it's honestly one of my favorite seasons, but it's also, I think, one of the busiest and quickest.  Still, I'm looking forward to a lot of new things this school year.  Pinky is in Kindergarten (how is that possible?!) and Chaos is in his first year of preschool.

We had a lot of fun this summer.  We tackled some of the "to do's" on our Summer Bucket List.  We didn't get to them all, but we kept ourselves busy.  We camped, we crafted, we bought ice cream from the ice cream truck.  And we read.  A lot.  A whole lot.  I have a few fun crafts and projects from this summer that I'd like to share with you, but I have to post this accomplishment first. 

Pinky set a goal for herself to read 100 books this summer.  For a girl who just started reading this spring, it was a pretty lofty goal.  My husband and I decided to offer her an incentive of her choice (she couldn't decide between a new Barbie or lunch at the American Girl store).  

With a lot of enthusiasm (most days) we plowed our way through the entire BOB book series, Biscuit Phonics, Dick and Jane, Hello Kitty phonics (surprisingly a really good set of phonics books), and many Early Reader books from the library. 

Last week, Pinky reached her goal.  100 books!!  There really aren't words for how proud I am of her.  And even better?  She wants to do it again!!

Her chart, finally completed, that hung on the fridge all summer.  And in case you were wondering, she chose the trip to the American Girl store.  :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...