Sunday, December 7, 2008

Winter Sanity = Crafts, Crafts, Crafts

One of the downfalls of a long and cold winter is being cooped up inside a lot. It can certainly lead to long days with the kids. Pinky loves to play outside, but Chaos is still a bit too young to find much joy in being cold and wet.

So, to keep from losing our minds, we've turned to craft projects. I found a great site that I recommend to all toddler parents (or grandparents) out there - No Time For Flashcards. (It's listed in my "Websites that save my sanity" section). The great thing about this site is that a new craft is listed everyday, and they are all simple and easy to do. I tend to get a little carried away when choosing crafts (like my hairbrained idea to make snowglobes out of baby food jars - not a bad idea in theory, but glitter, baby oil and 2 year olds just don't mix - save it for the older kids), so it's nice to know that these crafts are age appropriate.

Anyway, here is the craft that we did today from notimeforflashcards. It turned out really cute, and I'm thinking of using it as our craft for playgroup this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...