Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm already making progress!

I'm pretty proud of myself today. I accomplished three things: I learned to blanket stitch (a skill I need for the fabric garage I am going to make for Chaos), I finished the sundress for Pinky's baby doll, and I ordered supplies for the Scrabble tile necklace. My husband was impressed with my new sewing skill (even wanted me to show him how it was done) and Pinky was VERY happy with her baby's new dress. She loved that I made a headband from the leftover fabric too. However, now she keeps asking when I'm going to finish her sundress. Baby steps. I'll get there.

Here are some pictures from today's achievements:

My blanket stitch, learned from this tutorial. It's not the easiest to see (I had trouble getting a good enough picture), but it's around the blue and yellow circle on the top right. You can click on the picture to see it larger.


The baby doll sundress:

This material was on sale last spring. I think I paid less than $5 for 2 or 3 yards of it. It was already elastic-y at the top. (Forgive me, I have no idea what the technical term is for it. My sewing skills are not great.) I didn't do anything with the bottom seam of the dress since I figured it was just a doll dress after all. With Pinky's I'm thinking of adding some ribbon along the bottom edge. I'm not 100% sure though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...