Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just some kid stuff...

Yesterday as we were watching Milo and Otis for about the 158,604th time (okay, 2nd, but it felt like much, much more) I started singing along to the end song - "Gonna take a walk outside today, gonna see what we can find today..." Pinky told me "I don't like that song." She went on to say, "I like it when he sings it," pointing to the tv. When she saw my sad face (and truly, I was a little heartbroken - she's the only person in the world who likes my singing) she told me, "It's okay. I like when you sing Old MacDonald!"

She made me feel a lot better today when I made her a peanut butter and honey sandwich (her new obsession) and some applesauce for lunch. She told me, "Mommy, you're the best cooker ever!" After I finished laughing, I gave her a huge hug and told her that I'd "cook" for her anytime.

Pinky's also been on a My Little Pony kick lately (more than usual). She's told me more than once that she wishes she were in Ponyville. She's even gone so far as to make up new pony names (StarClimber, Drinky, WowaWowaWow - or something like that). I have to find a fun way to do a pony activity with her. I'm certainly open to suggestions...

Chaos has been doing really well walking. He can pretty much walk everywhere now. It's so cute and amazing to watch him walk the length of the house. He looks too small to be able to do it. I've been trying to get him interested in doing puzzles, but right now he's picking stuffing out of my slippers. Who needs toys, right? This is the quietest he has ever been I think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...