Friday, March 13, 2009

Pinky's Quilt Top

Okay, I finally dug out the quilt squares for Pinky's baby quilt. I picked out this fabric and pattern when I was about 3 months pregnant (she's 3 now, so you do the math of how long it's been hanging around unfinished). I bought it as a gender neutral quilt, but when I look at it now, it seems more girly than I originally thought. The colors are a *bit* more vibrant in color, but they are meant to have that washed out effect. Click on the picture to see the colors better.


This is/was a tough quilt for two reasons. First, minky fabric is HARD to work with! It slips, it stretches - all very frustrating for a first time quilter. Second, the cotton fabric has such a washed out look that it's hard to tell which side is the right side and which is the wrong side. I sewed so many squares the wrong way and then had to rip them out and redo them. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I think I will try my hand at this quilt again. I've read up on some tips for working with minky fabric, and now that I have my walking foot I'm hoping it will be easier. I'll keep you updated on how it goes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...