Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthday Cake = Fail

Today is my sweet, sweet husband's birthday. Of course, the kids and I thought we should bake him a cake to celebrate. Pinky wanted to make him a PINK cake. She chose a very delicious and beautiful strawberry cake.

Now, I'm not much of a cook, but I can usually bake things okay. If you read my post about Pinky's rainbow cake you will now completely understand why I was so excited about how it turned out.

The recipe for our wonderful cake is here: Strawberry Layer Cake

And this is what is supposed to look like:


This, ladies and gentlemen, is what our cake looked like (warning, not for the faint of heart):



These pictures were taken after the top layer completely slid off the rest of the cake onto the counter, while the middle layer slid lazily to the opposite side. The large pointy things in the middle? Nope, not candles. Wooden skewers to hold the cake together.

It's the thought that counts right? Maybe I can just say that Chaos iced the cake. For as pathetic as it looks, it sure tastes good! And that's all that matters to me. :)

Happy Birthday Babe! And thank you in advance for telling me it doesn't look all that bad, like I know you will. You're too sweet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...