Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cooking Up a Storm

I have two fun recipes to share today, neither of which I can take credit for. The first is a great lunch idea for kids. I read this on a message board but am not sure who to give credit to, so if this is your idea, let me know and I'll credit you!

Surprise Pocket Sandwiches:
You need at least one can of refrigerated biscuit dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out each biscuit individually. Take one rolled out biscuit (this is your bottom) and top with filler. We have done ham and cheese; pizza; spinach and cheese; chicken, peas and carrots - the options are endless. Cover with a second biscuit and crimp the edges closed with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

My kids both absolutely loved these sandwiches! Pinky is a particularly fussy eater, and she finished an entire ham and cheese sandwich. I have never seen her eat lunch meat before! This could also be a fun meal for the kids to help make. Make a "toppings bar" and let them create their own sandwiches.

The next recipe is a pregnant woman's dream come true. It is so moist and delicious. Even my husband loved it and he's not a huge fan of sweets. This recipe was posted by a very talented woman on a message board I belong to. I am forever indebted to her for this deliciousness.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake:
1 large box Cook and Serve chocolate pudding
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup peanut butter

Prepare the chocolate pudding according to the package instructions. Add it to the cake mix. Stir together, trying to remove lumps (it will be sticky and lumpy). Pour the mixture into two 8" greased cake pans. Smooth the top as best you can. Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.

Let cool. Place one cake on a plate. Melt 1/2 cup of peanut butter and drizzle half over the cake. Add second layer and repeat.

Here are some pics of our cake. I let Pinky do all of the peanut butter drizzling. She loved it.


Pinky working hard on her "drizzling" skills.


The finished masterpiece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks so good you are really making me hungry, Love, Grandma Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...