Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowflakes are falling!

The snow is falling - in more ways than one! The weatherman said that we should get 4-8 inches of snow today, so I thought, why not have a snow themed day?

First, Pinky and I made sparkly snowflakes for the Christmas tree out of sequins and craft sticks. They turned out pretty cute and are super easy to do. Here's a picture of the three we made.

Next, I thought I'd get Chaos in on the fun. I got a small bowl full of snow from the backyard for him to play around with. He wasn't a big fan of how cold it was on his hands, so I got him a spoon to use as a little shovel. That was a lot more fun (especially once he figured out how to feed it to himself - good thing I avoided the yellow snow).

Of course, when Pinky saw what Chaos was up to, she wanted to play too. So, I got her her own bowl of snow and let her run loose with food coloring and snow. She LOVED the rainbow snow she made. However, if anyone has any idea how to get blue food coloring off a 2 year olds hands, please let me know. If not, I guess she'll just look like a smurf for awhile. Oh well, it was worth it for the fun we had.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...