Friday, October 21, 2011

A Blanket for Rapunzel

Rapunzel being Pinky's American Girl doll, not an actual Rapunzel doll.



Now that we have that cleared up, I thought I'd share the first of what I hope will be a series of crafts for Pinky's American Girl doll. Since being gifted an AG doll earlier this year (by none other than Grandma!), Pinky has loved finding accessories for her. I don't know if you've ever shopped for AG clothes and accessories, but they are pricey. After spending a little (okay a lot) of time on Pinterest searching for DIY crafts, I decided to put together some handmade clothes and furniture as a Christmas gift for Pinky. This blanket is the first project.

It started with some leftover owl fleece (and the idea of building this bed from Ana White). I cut the fleece into 2 roughly 22 inch squares and cut a 3 inch square from each corner. If you need more detailed instructions for making tie fleece blankets, this link does a good job of describing it.

Normally when I make these blankets I use two different types of fleece. Since I was working with scraps (what I hope to do with all the projects in order to make them low cost) I didn't have that option. Still I really like the way it turned out.

Rapunzel seems to like it too, don't you think?



Linking up to some of these great parties

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...